March 4, 2007

Is there still time?

This is my first attempt in the the world of Blog. My name is Jim "DoughBoy Brady. I along with my wife, Donna Jean, pastor a church in Saginaw, Texas known as Harbor Light Family Church. We are a small church and new in this mission, but it's not about the numbers, it's about the lives of the people.Changing our world, one person at a time.

Our church motto is "The perfect place for not so perfect people." You see, we have found out that even through a lot of us have gone through some bad things or made some bad choices, we discovered that God still loves us and has a plan for our lives.

Our work includes a Friday night Christian Recovery program know as "Celebrate Recovery" A biblical program designed by John Baker from Saddle Back Church in California. These steps are designed to help anyone who wants freedom from; "Hurts, Habits or Hang-ups." This program is known around the world and has a proven track recorded for helping people receive the freedom that they are looking for. Our group starts at 6:30pm every Friday night and usually ends around 9pm.

I also have my personal testimony and believe that it will explain why we do what we do today. To view testimony go to about me, on bottom is the link to Harbor Light Family Church. Go to Pastors to find out more.

In the days that we live in, even though we all believe we still have time, we don't have a written guarantee that we will see a tomorrow. So my question is why wait?

Some people think that they need to clean up there act first...not true...you come to God and He will help you make the changes. It's not about a religious experience, it's about a relationship. If your hurting instead of loading up with the usual, why not try a new way?

I hope that this small note will help somebody look at their life and ask themselves, am I ready?

In future post, I hope to share some thought provoking areas that will help you see your life and what's really going on around you through a different set of eyes.

God Bless you.
Jim "DoughBoy' Brady


No comments: